Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Vaar"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||KUTTER|
|Type of ship:||Bornholmer Lachsboot|
|Yard:||E. Henningsen, Ranzausminde, DK|
|Overall length:||13.00 m|
|Length (hull):||9.80 m|
|Sail area:||52 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
|Engine:||2 Zyl. Bukh Diesel|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 30 Dec 1999
- built 1957 at the shipyard of Ejvind Henningsen, Ranzausminde, Denmark as fishing-boat of the type "Bornholm's Salmon-Boat", a construction of the Danish shipbuilding master E.C. Benzon
- the name "Vaar" is old Danish and means "Farår = spring"
- used as fishing-boat in the Grand Belt and Kattegat based in Troense for 25 years
- 1977-90 several changes of the owner, some repair work
- since 1990 she is a member of the museums port of Flensburg
- takes part in sailing events of traditional rigged boats
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
Rainer Prüß, Gerd Büker
"Hafenblatt Museumshafen Flensburg e.V."
(Heft Nr. 9, Sonderheft)
Page: 15 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data
Delius Klasing Verlag ISSN: 0936-7624
Page: 180 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data Quelle with contact
Mitteilungsblatt der Freunde des Gaffelriggs
Page: 30-33 Source with picture Source with history
"Phantomschmerz iss, wenn... - Vaar nun in anderen guten Händen"