Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Fahrewohl von Büsum S.H.5342"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Name:||Fahrewohl von Büsum S.H.5342|
|Type of rigging:||KUTTER|
|Type of ship:||Krabbenkutter|
|Yard:||G. Junge, Wewelsfleth, GER|
|Overall length:||10.80 m|
|Length (hull):||9.05 m|
|Sail area:||75 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 01 Jan 2015
- built in 1912 at the shipyard of G. Junge in Wewelsfleth as cutter fishing crabs and fish in the North Sea, signed with the fishery number S.H.5342, operated by fisherman Wilhelm Landsmann out of Büsum, GER; equipped with an engine since 1915.
- 1921-23 owner from Kaiser-Wilhelm-Koog and registered as WILL37, sold to Cuxhaven then and registered as H.C.181 until 1931.
- 1926 registered in the shipping register of Hamburg, reduction of the rig and installation of a newer and stronger engine.
- 1929 new owner from Friedrichskoog and used as FRI15.
- 1936 another change of the owner, in service as fishing-boat.
- 1943-45 used in Dunkerque, FRA as AHK63.
- used in the fleet of Friedrichskoog as FRI63 after the war for 20 years.
- 1976 sold and converted to a motor-driven yacht, regsitered in Ostetal-Cuxhaven until 1981.
- 1981 purchased by the director of the Historical Museum of Hamburg, restored at the Hatecke shipyard in Freiburg on the river Elbe after original drawings, member of the Gaffel-Consortium in Finkenwerder, Hamburg until 2008.
- in April 2008 moved to Büsum, GER; purchased by the association of the museum habour of Büsum, voluntary restored by the members of the owner association at the shipyard of R. Landberg in Büsum.
Contact:Website (deutsch, 21 Dec 2022):
Fahrewohl von Büsum: website of the owner and museum habour of Büsum with specification, history, latest news, photos, contact
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
"Die letzten grossen Segelschiffe"
Delius Klasing Verlag 1997 ISBN: 3-7688-0483-6
(9. aktualisierte Auflage)
Page: 376 Source with history Source with technical data
(kurzer beschreibender Text)
Gert Uwe Detlefsen, Stefan Lipsky, Heinz Trost
"Veteranen- und Museumsschiffe"
Verlag Gert Uwe Detlefsen 1997 ISBN: 3-928473-34-4
(3. umfassend erweiterte Auflage)
Page: 70 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data Quelle with contact
Delius Klasing Verlag ISSN: 0936-7624
Page: 86 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data Quelle with contact
"Die schönsten Traditionssegler in Deutschland"
Verlag Rolf Kelling-Eischeid, Kiel 1987 ISBN: 3-924381-12-7
Page: 33 Source with picture Source with history
(kurzer beschreibender Text)