Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Aurora von Altona"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Videos with the sailing ship:
Switch to full screen mode using the video control panel.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Name:||Aurora von Altona|
|Ex-names:||Hans von Kolberg, Glückauf II, Liane II|
|Type of rigging:||KUTTER|
|Type of ship:||Rügenwalder Kutter|
|Yard:||F. Goetz, Rügenwalde, Pommern|
|Overall length:||18.50 m|
|Length (hull):||12.80 m|
|Sail area:||110 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
|Engine:||4 Zyl. Volvo Penta|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 30 Dec 1999
- fishing-boat built in Rügenwalde under the name "Hans von Kolberg"
- used for fishing for 10 years, 1944/45 flight of the owner's family by the ship in Western direction
- changing owners in Schleswig, Lübeck, Büsum
- 1955 as "Glückauf II" in North frisian waters
- 1965 fishing boat under the name "Liane II", in bad condition and rarely used
- laid up after several changes of the owner as a wreck at the Bieritz shipyard in Friedrichskoog
- bought by the painter Volker Meier and since 1974 restored at the shipyard, new rigged as a cutter, 2nd launch in May 1976 as "Aurora von Altona"
- voyages to Norway via Denmark and in the Baltic, where the ship served as a swimming atelier
- she lies in the museums port of Flensburg today
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
"Die letzten grossen Segelschiffe"
Delius Klasing Verlag 1997 ISBN: 3-7688-0483-6
(9. aktualisierte Auflage)
Page: 376 Source with history Source with technical data
(kurzer beschreibender Text)
Gert Uwe Detlefsen, Stefan Lipsky, Heinz Trost
"Veteranen- und Museumsschiffe"
Verlag Gert Uwe Detlefsen 1997 ISBN: 3-928473-34-4
(3. umfassend erweiterte Auflage)
Page: 27 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data
Rainer Prüß, Gerd Büker
"Hafenblatt Museumshafen Flensburg e.V."
(Heft Nr. 9, Sonderheft)
Page: 9 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data
Delius Klasing Verlag ISSN: 0936-7624
Page: 158 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data Quelle with contact
"Gaffelkutter "Aurora von Altona""