Ship profile for the sailing ship: "HM Bark Endeavour"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Name:||HM Bark Endeavour|
|Type of rigging:||VOLLSCHIFF|
|Overall length:||46.30 m|
|Length (hull):||30.90 m|
|Sail area:||1460 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
|Engine:||2 * 405 Caterpillar|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 03 Mar 2011
- authetic replica of a 18th century vessel, built on the occasion of the bicentenary celebrations in Australia.
- work began in Jan. 1988 at a yard specially constructed to build this replica, launch was in Dec. 1993, in April 1994 commissioned.
- first voyage was to Sydney, en-route she visited Albany, Adelaide, Hobart, Melbourne, displayed at the Australian National Maritime Museum until April 1995.
- 6 month voyage to celebrate the 225th anniversary of HM Bark Endeavour's voyage up the east coast of Australia.
- 3 month voyage to New Zealand, visited eleven port, return to Fremantle then.
- Oct 1996 start of the first leg of her world voyage via South Africa to London and 15 other ports of UK, second leg was to North America.
- 2004 visit of European ports, like the Brest sailing festival in France.
- 2011-2012 circumnavigation of Australia.
- part of the Australian National Maritime Museum's historic fleet.
- name "bark" was the official denotation of these vessels in the 18th century, the ship is more a fully-rigged
Last tracked position of the ship:
Map provided by FleetMon.com
Contact:Website (English, 03 Mar 2011):
HM Bark Endeavour around Australia 2011-2012: sail with us, life on board, port visits, about the ship, many photos and other media
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
American Sail Training Association (ASTA)
"Sail Tall Ships! A Directory of Sail Training and Adventure at Sea"
2000 ISBN: 0-9636483-5-7
Page: 109 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data Quelle with contact
"Tall Ships - the Fleet of the 21th Century"
Tide-Mark Press, East Hartford 2000 ISBN: 1-55949-551-0
Page: 68 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data
"Die letzten grossen Segelschiffe"
Delius Klasing Verlag 2002 ISBN: 3-7688-0483-6
(10. aktualisierte und erweiterte Auflage)
Page: 36 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data