Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Phoenix"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Videos with the sailing ship:
Switch to full screen mode using the video control panel.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Ex-names:||Helga 2, Terje Viken|
|Type of rigging:||SCHONER|
|Type of ship:||Haikutter (Schoner)|
|Overall length:||21.00 m|
|Length (hull):||16.00 m|
|Sail area:||170 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 04 Oct 2015
- 1936 built in Frederikssund, DK as a fishing cutter for a fisherman in Thyborön, DK; used until 1943 in the fishery carrying the name "Terje Viken".
- 1943 sold to a fisherman from Rostock, GER; renamed the "Helga 2".
- on the end of the 1950s the owner left the GDR on board of this ship; registered in Heiligenhafen, GER, used until 1975 in the fishery.
- 1975 purchased by Hartwig Schröder, renamed the "Phoenix", rebuilt for passenger sailing, rigged as a ketch, used in the charter business.
- two further changes of the owner.
- 1996 bought by boatbuilder Daniel Weiß in Cuxhaven, GER when she was a wreck, general overhaul during the following years.
- 2001 rigged as a schooner and fitted with a new engine, after registration in Breege on the island Rügen she was registered in Peenemünde, GER where the boatbuilder has his shipyard.
- 2009 change of the owner, registered in Glückstadt, GER on the river Elbe, renamed the "Terje Viken" again, restoration of the hull in Denmark, exchange of the stem and many frames and planks.
- 2015 change of the owner and renamed in "Phoenix", berth in the museums habour of Greifswald, GER.