Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Ernestine"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Videos with the sailing ship:
Switch to full screen mode using the video control panel.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Ex-names:||Hildegard, WOG 100|
|Type of rigging:||KUTTER|
|Type of ship:||Gaffelkutter, Fischereiquaze|
|Overall length:||26.00 m|
|Length (hull):||18.50 m|
|Sail area:||160 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
|Engine:||Perkins Turbo Diesel|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 15 Jun 2009
- built at the turn of the century as a so-called "Quatze", sailing region was around the island Rügen and Greifswald (Germany), ships of that type was used as fisher boats.
- the hull was broken in the middle of the ship, so the fishes could be shipped alive.
- during the 1950s she laid permanently moored in Wolgast, Germany.
- reconstruction to the condition of today at the beginning of the 1960s by Rolf Reeckmann.
- 1987 rebuilding of the stern and lenghtening of the hull, she also received a ballast keel for better sailing as a schooner
- sold to architects from Hannover, complete technical equipment and interior in 1996.
- until 1999 the sailing region was around the island Rügen (Germany) starting from Sassnitz, then she sailed out of Damp in Schleswig/Holstein, Germany.
- after change of the owner in 2005 she returned to the sailing area around the island Rügen registered in Lassan, Germany.
- 2006/07 converted in a gaff cutter.
- new planks in spring 2008, new deck in spring 2009.
Last tracked position of the ship:
Map provided by FleetMon.com
Contact:Website (deutsch, 21 May 2021):
Ernestine: basic information about the ship, information about sailing on board
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
"Hanse Sail Rostock - Wo man sich begegnet"
Hanse Sail Verein Rostock e.V. 2005
Page: 75 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data