Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Hulda"
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||SCHONER|
|Yard:||Sixten Groth Sjötorps Varv, Lake Vänern, SWE|
|Overall length:||25.36 m|
|Sail area:||365 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
|Engine:||Volvo TMD 100 A|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 02 May 2006
- built at the Sixten Groth shipyard, Sjötorp, SWE in 1905.
- used as a sailing cargo ship, later converted for passenger sailing.
- owned by the same family since 1965.
- 1986 begin of an extensive restoration project to restore her as much as possible into the original condition, removal of the deckhouse, fitted with a concrete ballast renewal of side frames and planks.
- 2001 fitted with a new engine (Volvo TMD 100 A, 235 hp).
- for sale in 2005.
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
Ein interaktives Informationssystem auf CD-ROM 1998
(2. überarbeitete Auflage)
Source with technical data Quelle with contact
"Kulturarv under Segel, Levande segelfartygstradition i Sverige"
Sveriges Segelfartygsförening 2007 ISBN: 91-973000-6-3
Page: 142 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data Quelle with contact