Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Alexa"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Videos with the sailing ship:
Switch to full screen mode using the video control panel.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||KETSCH|
|Type of ship:||Haikutter (Gaffelketsch)|
|Yard:||Jens Peter Nipper, Skagen, DK|
|Overall length:||21.00 m|
|Length (hull):||16.00 m|
|Sail area:||200 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
|Engine:||Mercedes Diesel OM352|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 22 Jul 2017
- so called "Haicutter", built 1938 on the yard of Jens-Peter Nipper in Skagen
- used as fishing boat until 1984
- 1986 - 1997 reconstruction to a gaff ketch, installation of smart and seamen-like cabins, fitting out with all the necessary technical equipment for sailing with passengers
- during the torns no knowledge about sailing is necessary but you have to give your hands for manoeuvring
- takes part in sailing festivals e.g. Hanse Sail 1998, 1999
Contact:Website (deutsch, 03 Apr 2021):
Alexa: website of the operating association Segelvision e.V. with contact, news, main information about the ship and how to support the ship's operation by sailing and education
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
Ein interaktives Informationssystem auf CD-ROM 1998
(2. überarbeitete Auflage)
Source with picture Source with technical data Quelle with contact
"Hanse Sail Rostock - Wo man sich begegnet"
Hanse Sail Verein Rostock e.V. 2005
Page: 25 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data