Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Oostvogel"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Ex-names:||De vijf Gezusters|
|Type of rigging:||3-MAST-SCHONER|
|Type of ship:||3-Mast Klipper|
|Yard:||Kalkman, Capelle aan den IJssel, NL|
|Overall length:||40.00 m|
|Sail area:||550 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 01 Oct 1998
- already operational for more than 100 years, built as a freighter, later used as a living ship.
- 1992 she was rebuilt and converted to a passenger vessel.
- the ship has a top-quality interior and offers accomodation for 24 passengers. Especially suited for sporting trips with little. groups (for day or week-long trips).
- mostly travels around the North Sea and to the islands near Denmark.
Contact:Website (nederlands, 25 Jul 2001):
3-masted Klipper Oostvogel: about the ship and accomodations, photos, main technical specification, contact address
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
Ein interaktives Informationssystem auf CD-ROM 1998
(2. überarbeitete Auflage)
Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data Quelle with contact
"Die letzten grossen Segelschiffe"
Delius Klasing Verlag 2002 ISBN: 3-7688-0483-6
(10. aktualisierte und erweiterte Auflage)
Page: 264 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data