Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Marco Polo"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Videos with the sailing ship:
Switch to full screen mode using the video control panel.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||KETSCH|
|Type of ship:||Gaffelketsch|
|Yard:||Forbes Shipyard, Scotland|
|Overall length:||28.50 m|
|Length (hull):||23.00 m|
|Sail area:||250 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 01 Oct 1998
- built as an English flagship by Forbes shipyard in Scotland in 1944
- converted 1990-1991 in Dartmouth and Gosport by Camper & Nicholson
- has excellent maneouvring capabilities due to her sound construction
- the interior decoration is in a class of its own
- especially suited for family voyages but also for groups, clubs, associations or singles
- Safety onboard fulfils all requirements set by classification authorities
- participates in many sailing events e.g. Hanse Sail Rostock
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
Ein interaktives Informationssystem auf CD-ROM 1998
(2. überarbeitete Auflage)
Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data Quelle with contact
"Hanse Sail Rostock - Wo man sich begegnet"
Hanse Sail Verein Rostock e.V. 2005
Page: 131 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data