Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Marques"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||BARK|
|Yard:||P. NUEVO DEL MARE, VALENCIA|
|Overall length:||35.70 m|
|Length (hull):||26.20 m|
|Sail area:||698 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 01 Oct 1998
- typical Mediterranean vessel. After damage during the Spanish civil war the ship was restored in 1940 and had new engines installed in 1960 which made the sails unnecessary. laid up in Las Palmas in 1970
- reconstruction in 1972 and then rigged out as as brigantine
- several film shoots and rerigging as a bark
- participation in the Tall Ships Race from Great Yarmouth to Oslo
- some promotion and charter trips
- participation in the Tall Ships Race from Puerto Rico via Bermuda to Halifax in 1984 with victory in the first stage, Unfortunately, a misfortune occurred during the second stage and the bark sank
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
Beken of Cowes, Eric C. Abranson
"Segelschiffe der Welt"
Edition Maritim 1995 ISBN: 3-89225-314-5
(engl. Originalausgabe: "Sailing Ships of the World", 1992, Thomas Reed Publications Ltd.)
Page: 138 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data
Ein interaktives Informationssystem auf CD-ROM 1998
(2. überarbeitete Auflage)
Source with history Source with technical data Quelle with contact