Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Adella"
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Ex-names:||Giske, Misjonær Skrefsrud|
|Type of rigging:||KETSCH|
|Overall length:||26.00 m|
|Sail area:||375 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
|Engine:||Volvo TMD 100 C|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 18 Sep 2005
- keel laid in Ålesund, NOR in 1863.
- after completion, the "Giske" was used for coasting trade in the North Sea, transported salt to the Lofoten Islands and brought back fish.
- converted into a ketch and hull lenghtened in 1891, sailing under the name "Misjonær Skrefsrud" until 1951.
- the vessel was then bought by the shipping company Peder Pedersen in Lista, NOR and given its present name "Adella", transport of wood and fertilizer.
- in 1971 the vessel was acquired by Tarald Glastad, after e 2years period as a houseboat he began the retoration in 1973, in 1974, the hull was completely renewed from the water-line upwards in Hardanger, modern nautical equipment, generators and life-saving appliances were also installed, bringing the vessel in line with all relevant safety requirements and regulations.
- in the end of the 1970s taken over by the family-owned shipping company A/S Mosvolds Rederi.
- 1981 she came back to Farsund to complete the restauration.
- today she is a well equipped luxuary charter boat and cruise liner.
Contact:Website (norsk, 18 Aug 2005):
Adella: history with photos, charter information, contact address
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
Ein interaktives Informationssystem auf CD-ROM 1998
(2. überarbeitete Auflage)
Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data Quelle with contact