Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Johanne"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||SCHONER|
|Yard:||Øxenbjerg Wharf, Svendborg, DK|
|Overall length:||28.00 m|
|Sail area:||316 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 30 Oct 2004
- schooner built 1895 at the Øxenbjerg shipyard in Svendborg, used as a cargo ship in scandinavian waters and in the Baltic Sea, first under sail, later supported by a ship engine.
- fitted with a stronger engine, reduction of her rig, first as ketch, later with one sail only until the time, when the mast were uses to support the loading and unloading of the ship only.
- mid of the 1960s laid up because she became unprofitable, a little time later she was commissioned again as platform for fishing, during the 1970s used under the name "Nieren" for fishing of cod in the Øresund.
- mid of the 1980s the in those days owner reconstructed her to her original appearance as a sailing shooner, in 1987 after finished reconstruction she was awarded the price as the best preserved traditional sailing ship of Denmark.
- todays owners Bertil and Karin Jensen purchased "Johanne" 1989, trips in the Danish and scandinavian waters as well as in the Baltic Sea with passengers during their holidays or with guests on day trips, used for private parties, in winter used for fishing based in Nakskov or Helsingør for cod fishing in the Øresund.
Contact:Website (dansk/deutsch, 21 Jan 2007):
Schooner Johanne: photos, contact address, offers for sailing on board, basic info about the ship
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
Ein interaktives Informationssystem auf CD-ROM 1998
(2. überarbeitete Auflage)
Source with technical data Quelle with contact