Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Skibladner II"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||GALEASSE|
|Yard:||F. N. Hansen, Odense, DK|
|Overall length:||27.00 m|
|Length (hull):||18.50 m|
|Sail area:||240 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 29 Jan 2000
- the gaff ketch was built by N.F. Hansen in Odense in 1897
- used as cargo vessel and merchant sailing ship until 1962
- purchased by the FDF Kobenhavns Sokreds, a youth scout organisation with the aims to sail the ship and to bring her back to her original look
- the ship sails long or short trips from May to October in the seas around Denmark, autumn and winter is the time for rebuilding, maintenance and repair
- participation of the Nordisk Sejlads 1999 and the Cutty Sark Tall Ships Race in 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000
Contact:Website (dansk/English, 12 Jan 2000):
FDF Københavns Søkreds: an English summary of her history and technical specification, contact address
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
"Sail to Adventure"
ISBN: 0 948337 05 2
Page: 132 Source with picture Source with history Quelle with contact
Ein interaktives Informationssystem auf CD-ROM 1998
(2. überarbeitete Auflage)
Source with technical data Quelle with contact
"Hanse Sail Rostock - Wo man sich begegnet"
Hanse Sail Verein Rostock e.V. 2005
Page: 169 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data