Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Kvartsita"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Videos with the sailing ship:
Switch to full screen mode using the video control panel.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||SCHONER|
|Overall length:||32.61 m|
|Sail area:||380 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 02 Jan 2012
- built 1945 in Råå (today Helsingborg), SWE for carriages in the region of Region of Höganäs, SWE.
- 1953 sold to Norway, employment as cargo ship until 1985.
- since 1987 sail training ship of the association "För Fulla Segel" from Skaftö, SWE.
- probably originally rigged as ketch, today as a schooner.
- participation in sailing festivals and regattas for traditional sailing craft, i.e. in Nordisk Seglats, Tallship Race Newcastle 1993 and Sail Flensburg 2000, visited the Hanse Sail Rostock several times.
Last tracked position of the ship:
Map provided by FleetMon.com
Contact:Website (norsk, 23 Feb 2001):
TS Kvartsita: website of the operator with photos of the ship, contact address, some historical facts
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
"Sail to Adventure"
ISBN: 0 948337 05 2
Page: 99 Source with picture Source with history Quelle with contact
Ein interaktives Informationssystem auf CD-ROM 1998
(2. überarbeitete Auflage)
Source with technical data Quelle with contact
"Hanse Sail Rostock - Wo man sich begegnet"
Hanse Sail Verein Rostock e.V. 2005
Page: 121 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data
"Kulturarv under Segel, Levande segelfartygstradition i Sverige"
Sveriges Segelfartygsförening 2007 ISBN: 91-973000-6-3
Page: 173 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data Quelle with contact