Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Hoshi"
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||SCHONER|
|Yard:||Camper & Nicholsons, Gosport, England|
|Overall length:||26.00 m|
|Sail area:||250 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 01 Oct 1998
- built as a private yacht in 1909, she has changed owners many times
- she was laid up in poor condition in 1948
- after being chartered by the Island Cruising Club in 1952, necessary restoration work was carried out
- in 1958, on being restored to her original state, her nautical equipment and sails were modernized
- since then she has been a youth ship participating regularly in ISTA regattas; she was successful in the Cutty Sark Tall Ships Races in 1970 and 1996
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
"Sail to Adventure"
ISBN: 0 948337 05 2
Page: 86 Source with picture Source with history Quelle with contact
Ein interaktives Informationssystem auf CD-ROM 1998
(2. überarbeitete Auflage)
Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data Quelle with contact
"Tall Ships - the Fleet of the 21th Century"
Tide-Mark Press, East Hartford 2000 ISBN: 1-55949-551-0
Page: 91 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data
"Hanse Sail Rostock - Wo man sich begegnet"
Hanse Sail Verein Rostock e.V. 2005
Page: 109 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data