built in 1935 by C.Lühring, Hammelwarden, GER as steel auxiliary 3-masted schooner
"Uwe Ursula" (she had 4 sisterships).
originally 176 grt and 89 nrt, with registered dimensions 30,90 x 7,03 x 2,68m;
sail area 243 m²; oil engine 150 BHP; waterballast; quarterdeck 23'.
owner: Johann Peter Henning, Hamburg (he died in 1957 and his widow sold the
"Uwe Ursula" in August 1959).
in October 1936 lengthened to 34,80m ; tonnage 199 grt and 104 nrt;
deadweight capacity 320 tons, Germanischer Lloyd for the year 1951 gives the same information.
1951 a new engine was installed (180 HP).
August 1959 bought by Albert Peter Behrmann, Hamburg, GER; since then she is
listed in the Lloyd's Registers as a general cargo motorship (no longer as an auxiliary).
owned since May 1964 by Heinrich J.Behrmann, Hamburg, GER.
in May 1976 bought by Peter Funk, Hamburg, GER
(Lloyd's gives 199 grt, 104 nrt, 325 DW, 34,78 x 7,04 x 3,02m; raised quarterdeck 7,1m;
forecastle 2,2m; speed 9 knots).
in 1979 bought by Horst Brey.
in 1987 bought by Dutch interests, converted into a 3-masted schooner again and
renamed the "Minerva"; homeport Scheveningen, NL and in use as restaurant ship and for
meetings, parties and short trips in the North Sea.
since 2006 operated by A La Carte Cruises for cruising in the North and Baltic Sea.