Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Maria-Dorothea"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||KETSCH|
|Type of ship:||Besanewer|
|Yard:||Johs. Thormälen & Co., Elmshorn, Hamburg, GER|
|Overall length:||25.35 m|
|Length (hull):||19.12 m|
|Sail area:||200 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Stahl / Steel|
|Engine:||Mercedes M - 204 - B|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 25 Jan 2011
- the beginning of her building was in 1906, she was completed in March, 1907 at the shipyard of J. Thormälen in Elmshorn next to Hamburg
- her first owner was the skipper Heinrich von Busch from Assel/GER, used as a freighter along the river Elbe and tributaries as well along the coast lines
- sold to a scrap dealer in the 1950s, who sold her again to new owners, they wanted to convert her to a privately used ship, this project failed
- up to 1992 the ship became in continuous worse condition, she sunk but was salvaged then, used as a barge for waste in Hamburg
- purchased by a ship lover, who completely restored her with efforts all out, her rebuilding was done at the shipyard Jönk Werft in Hamburg/Harburg
- she is exclusively used for idealistic, cultural-historical or social purposes, the proceeds are used to maintain the ship
- 2006/07 sold to a Frenchman, since then the trace of the ship is lost, 2009 she probably was for sale in Paris, FRA.
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
Ein interaktives Informationssystem auf CD-ROM 1998
(2. überarbeitete Auflage)
Source with picture Source with technical data Quelle with contact
"Segler in der Zeitenwende"
Chronik der Seefahrt, Verlag Egon Heinemann, Norderstedt 1977 ISBN: 3-87321-946-8
(Biografie der kleinen stählernen Frachtsegelschiffe (1880 - Gegenwart))
Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data
(Hauptdaten und Foto im Abschnitt "Dokumentation")
"Hanse Sail Rostock - Wo man sich begegnet"
Hanse Sail Verein Rostock e.V. 2005
Page: 134 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data