Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Ninive"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||GALEASSE|
|Type of ship:||Pommersche Galeasse|
|Yard:||Rickling, Laboe, GER|
|Overall length:||24.65 m|
|Length (hull):||18.50 m|
|Sail area:||240 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 22 Jan 2011
- built 1985-89 in Rickling in Schleswig-Holstein/GER, work was carried out by long term unemployed people through a German Government grant and by rehabilitate young offenders, completion and rigging of the ship in Laboe
- replica of a Pommeranian cargo sailing vessel from 1869, a so-called "Pommeranian Galeasse", vessels of this type transported cool, grain, sand and goods along the Pommeranian coast and in the Baltic Sea
- sails on the Baltic Sea for recreation and to experience the team spirit, registered port is Laboe whereas she usually lies in the Arnis, GER now
- takes part in sailing events, e.g. Hanse Sail Rostock
- 2002 foundation of the NINIVE e.V. association with the aim to enable teaching and learning for young people through working and sailing on the boat, the association purchased the "Ninive".
Contact:Website (deutsch, 22 Jan 2011):
Ninive: infos about the vessel and her construction, history, homeport, sailing aboard
Website (deutsch, 22 Jan 2011):
Ninive: official website of the operator with photos, history, operator, contact address
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
Ein interaktives Informationssystem auf CD-ROM 1998
(2. überarbeitete Auflage)
Source with picture Source with technical data
"Hanse Sail Rostock - Wo man sich begegnet"
Hanse Sail Verein Rostock e.V. 2005
Page: 140 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data