Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Ark"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||KETSCH|
|Overall length:||19.80 m|
|Sail area:||110 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 01 Oct 1998
- built as a solid oak fish cutter in Ustka in 1956
- purchased by her present owner in 1980 and rigged as a gaff-ketch
- sailed in the Mediterranean from 1988 and later offered sailing tours around Bornholm and along the Baltic Sea coastline.
- the "Ark" took part in the '92 Transatlantic Columbus Regatta, winning first place in her class after sailing a distance of 13,000 sm
- The "Ark" was presented with the Polish "Cruise of the Year" award in 1992
- numerous cruises with young people and international crews
- showed her colours at the "1000 years Gdansk" celebrations
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
Ein interaktives Informationssystem auf CD-ROM 1998
(2. überarbeitete Auflage)
Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data Quelle with contact
"Hanse Sail Rostock - Wo man sich begegnet"
Hanse Sail Verein Rostock e.V. 2005
Page: 35 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data