Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Nordwind Y834"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||KETSCH|
|Type of ship:||Kriegsfischkutter|
|Yard:||Yacht- und Bootswerft Burmester, Bremen, GER|
|Overall length:||26.25 m|
|Length (hull):||24.00 m|
|Sail area:||166 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Komposit / Composite|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 21 Sep 2022
- keel laid in 1945, completion in 1948, 1951 commissioned as sail training boat of the German frontier guard, registered in Cuxhaven, GER.
- 1956 given to the new founded Bundesmarine Deutschland (German Navy), transferred ro the marine school in Mürwik, GER.
- 1969 and 1972 used during the summer only, laid up in the winter, during this time she was temporarily operated by training management from Borkum and the naval base commandership in Kiel, after that assigned to the marine school of Mürwik again, used by civil sailing teams.
- overhaul in the shipyard and several refurbishment in the beginning of the 2000s.
- 2006 decommissioned by the German Navy.
- in November 2008 purchased by the German marine museum Wilhelmshaven supported by friends and sponsors, used by a non-profit crew as traditional sailing ship visiting sailing events at the German North Sea and Baltic Sea coast.
- 2022-23 general overhaul in Hvide Sande/DK.