Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Königin Wilhelmina"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||KETSCH|
|Overall length:||27.00 m|
|Length (hull):||22.58 m|
|Sail area:||260 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Stahl / Steel|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 09 Jan 2011
- built in Holland in 1932, this ship belonged for a long period to the Queen-mother, Wilhemina of Holland, and was called after her at that time.
- after changing owner (Jo und Helli van Zadelhoff) she was renamed as the "Peloris Jack" (after a legendary dolphin), port of operation was Holtenau, GER.
- since 1992 registered in Germany in Greifswald, GER.
- extensive tours in the North and Baltic Seas, participation in many North and Baltic sea-port sailing events such as the Kieler Woche and Hanse Sail Rostock.
- the ship's crew attaches great importance to traditional sailing methods on board, e.g. setting sails, navigating, pulling alongside, laying off, keeping watch and clearing the ship. Passengers can carry out all of these functions.
- 2008 renamed the "Königin Wilhelmina" again.
Contact:Website (deutsch, 17 Jun 2009):
Königin Wilhelmina: website of the ship and operator with contact address, information about the ship, planning of trips, photos
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
Ein interaktives Informationssystem auf CD-ROM 1998
(2. überarbeitete Auflage)
Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data Quelle with contact
"Hanse Sail Rostock - Wo man sich begegnet"
Hanse Sail Verein Rostock e.V. 2005
Page: 148 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data