Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Maria af von Hoff"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Name:||Maria af von Hoff|
|Type of rigging:||KETSCH|
|Type of ship:||Ewer|
|Yard:||Dawartz Werft, Tönning, GER|
|Overall length:||25.00 m|
|Length (hull):||19.80 m|
|Sail area:||240 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 12 Dec 2010
- a very close replica of a barge from Finkenwerder/Hamburg. The original called the "Maria HF31" was built in around 1880 and can be visited at the German Museum in Munich. The "Maria" was in service until 1950.
- the ship's construction makes it possible to operate under very difficult sailing conditions e.g. the square stern enables dry-falling during ebb-tide.
- to maintain the ship's character a luxurious interior was avoided, but she is nevertheless very comfortable.
- she offers traditional sailing where everyone participates
- the ship sails in the North, Baltic and south Danish Seas, she sails one longer tour each year, homeported in the museum port of Kappeln, GER during this time.
- 1999 voyages to Scottland, Copenhagen and the Danish Islands.
- 2008 change of owner, new registered port Gratangen, NOR.
Contact:Website (deutsch/English, 12 Dec 2010):
Maria af von Hoff: basic info about the boat, photos, contact
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
Ein interaktives Informationssystem auf CD-ROM 1998
(2. überarbeitete Auflage)
Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data Quelle with contact
"Die schönsten Traditionssegler in Deutschland"
Verlag Rolf Kelling-Eischeid, Kiel 1987 ISBN: 3-924381-12-7
Page: 67 Source with picture Source with history
(kurzer beschreibender Text)
"Hanse Sail Rostock - Wo man sich begegnet"
Hanse Sail Verein Rostock e.V. 2005
Page: 133 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data