Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Biber 3"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||KUTTER|
|Type of ship:||Pommerscher Treibnetzkutter|
|Overall length:||15.00 m|
|Sail area:||70 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 29 Apr 2012
- built 1892 in Maasholm, GER for Heribert Schroetinger; first name was IRIS, put into service in 1893 as a drift-net cutter.
- in 1944 she came to Hamburg, GER, used in the fishery on the river Elbe and North Sea
- first rebuilding 1975-82, sailing in the waters of Spain and Italy.
- return to hamburg in 1968, laid up.
- name was "Beate", completely restored in 1993, lovingly maintained by owner D. Räbiger and sailing enthusiast R. Popp.
- this small sailing vessel is always an attraction in museum ports.
- Skipper D. Räbiger and the "Biber 3" are seen at a large number of sailing events, such as the '95 Bremerhaven Sail, the 100th anniversary of the North-Baltic Sea Canal and are also regular visitors to the Hanse Sail in Rostock.
- 2009 sold to new owner and registerred in Büsum, GER.
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
Ein interaktives Informationssystem auf CD-ROM 1998
(2. überarbeitete Auflage)
Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data Quelle with contact
"Hanse Sail Rostock - Wo man sich begegnet"
Hanse Sail Verein Rostock e.V. 2005
Page: 52 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data