Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Möwe"
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||KETSCH|
|Yard:||Schlömer Oldersum, Ems, GER|
|Overall length:||16.45 m|
|Sail area:||126 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 01 Oct 1998
- This sailing cutter with an auxiliary engine was built for coastal fishing in 1943.
- sailed on the North Sea from the Wattenmeer as far as Helgoland
- later reconstruction of engine and winches and then a general overhaul in 1972 based on old pictures, sketches and stories
- has state-of-the-art equipment, These are the main reasons for her success in S.T.A. regattas since 1985.
- sailing tours travel to Scotland, England, Belgium, Holland, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Poland and the other Baltic states
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
"Mitsegeln auf Sail-Training-Schiffen - Ein praktisches Handbuch der S.T.A.G. mit Schiffsportraits"
Nordwestdeutsche Verlagsgesellschaft Bremerhaven ISBN: 3-927 857-61-0
Page: 81 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data
Ein interaktives Informationssystem auf CD-ROM 1998
(2. überarbeitete Auflage)
Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data Quelle with contact