Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Foftein"
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||KUTTER|
|Overall length:||12.50 m|
|Sail area:||52 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 01 Oct 1998
- used as an open fishing cutter with a small auxiliary sail (fish were kept live in the hold)
- in the early 50s she was converted into a motor yacht resembling a small summer house
- from May 1974 she was lovingly restored to her original rustic state by the present owner
- the masts and rigging were made by the skipper himself
- this old fishing cutter has been a continuous guest at the Hanse Sail Rostock since 1991
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
Ein interaktives Informationssystem auf CD-ROM 1998
(2. überarbeitete Auflage)
Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data Quelle with contact
"Hanse Sail Rostock - Wo man sich begegnet"
Hanse Sail Verein Rostock e.V. 2005
Page: 81 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data