Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Sturmvogel"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Registered port:||Gager, Rügen|
|Type of rigging:||GALEASSE|
|Yard:||Freest, Peene. GER|
|Overall length:||20.00 m|
|Sail area:||220 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 06 Apr 2005
- built as a galeass with an auxiliary engine in Freest, Pomerania in 1932. This ship is an example of the solid type of boats built on the Baltic coast
- used as fishing vessel in the Baltic Sea for sixty years
- put out of commission in 1998 and restored to her original state in 1992-1995. Equipped with the most modern navigation instruments and safety systems
- the crew of this galeass attachs great importance to traditional sailing activities for everybody on board
- the galeass is used for maritime advertizing and promotions, e.g. for "Antenne MV" radio, mobile trade-fairs and incentive trips
- the "Sturmvogel" participates in many sailing events in the Baltic Sea and is available for day and week-long tours.
- in August 1999 she sailed from Ueckermuende to Ashkelon, Israel, passing the Suez Channel to Eilat and Aqaba.
- since July 2004 back in Deutschland and used for charter and event marketing in the German Baltic Sea and North Sea region.
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
Ein interaktives Informationssystem auf CD-ROM 1998
(2. überarbeitete Auflage)
Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data Quelle with contact
"Hanse Sail Rostock - Wo man sich begegnet"
Hanse Sail Verein Rostock e.V. 2005
Page: 179 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data