Ship profile for the sailing ship: "De Drie Gebroeders"
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Name:||De Drie Gebroeders|
|Type of rigging:||TJALK|
|Type of ship:||Skutsje Tjalk|
|Yard:||Koostertille, Friesland, NL|
|Length (hull):||14.96 m|
|Sail area:||120 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Stahl / Steel|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 06 Apr 2005
- built in Koostertille, Friesland as Skutsje Tjalk in 1907.
- used as a cargo sailing vessel and, at times, also as a houseboat in Dutch inland and coastal waters.
- in 1986 she was refitted as a gaff-sailing boat and fitted with an engine.
- in 1997 she was acquired by a private owner.
- she has been used for charter cruises and social-education voyages for young people, she also works with handicapped youngsters.
- first berthed in the port museum of Rostock, today Barth is the home and baseport for trips.
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
Ein interaktives Informationssystem auf CD-ROM 1998
(2. überarbeitete Auflage)
Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data Quelle with contact
"Hanse Sail Rostock - Wo man sich begegnet"
Hanse Sail Verein Rostock e.V. 2005
Page: 68 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data