Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Havgassen"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||KETSCH|
|Yard:||Rasmus Møller, Fåborg, DK|
|Overall length:||21.00 m|
|Sail area:||182 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 08 Jan 2011
- built by Rasmus Møller, Fåborg, DK in 1898; first name was "Haabet".
- used only under sails up to 1916, fitted with an auxiliary engine then.
- despite this, she continued to operate mainly under sail for the next 66 years in Kattegat, Little Belt and the Baltic Sea, buying alive fish for small Danish towns.
- 1965-1975 general restore, rebulding of the fish holding capacities to a saloon and pantry, 1975 awarded as one of the best maintained Danish timber vessels.
- since 1980 used in the charter business with sailing guests in Danish waters.
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
Ein interaktives Informationssystem auf CD-ROM 1998
(2. überarbeitete Auflage)
Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data Quelle with contact