Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Johanna von Oevelgönne"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Name:||Johanna von Oevelgönne|
|Ex-names:||Johanna, Vrouwe Johanna|
|Type of ship:||Friesische Yacht|
|Ship's hull:||Stahl / Steel|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 11 Apr 2023
- built in 1910 in Friesland/NL as a Frisian yacht, used as a transport boat by farmers and traders for their goods along the coasts, rivers and canals.
- acquired by an Amsterdam photographer in the 1960s and renamed after his wife in "Vrouwe Johanna", construction of the deck structure.
- use in Alsmeer/NL, also as a living barge.
- 1995 taken over by a Hamburg family, transfer to the river Schlei, use in leisure time.
- registered in Hamburg since 2010, renamed "Johanna von Oevelgönne", berth in museum harbour, private trips mainly on the river Elbe.
Contact:Website (deutsch, 11 Apr 2023):
Johanna von Oevelgönne: her data, history, photo and contact at the website of the museum habour