Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Bjørnsund"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Ex-names:||C. F. Tietgen, Falkland, Slugen, Vikefjord|
|Type of rigging:||KETSCH|
|Type of ship:||Haikutter (Gaffelketsch)|
|Yard:||Jensen & Lauridsen, Esbjerg, DK|
|Overall length:||26.00 m|
|Length (hull):||18.21 m|
|Sail area:||250 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
|Engine:||Volvo TMD 100A|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 17 Feb 2014
- built 1929 in Esbjerg, Denmark by Jensen & Lauridsen as a fishing vessel, used in the North Sea and Swedish coastal waters; first name was "C.F. Tietgen", registered as E312 in Esbjerg.
- several changes of the owner in the 1960s and 1970s.
- since 1977 new name "Vikefjord" and registered under the Swedish flag as LL425.
- decommissioned from the fishery in 1979, purchased by Bjorn Wetterlund and Per Ekstrand.
- overhaul and conversion into a passanger sailing vessel for charter trips.
- 2006 another change of the owner and registration in Karlskrona, SWE.
Contact:Website (på svenska, 09 Nov 2001):
Bjørnsund: website with photos, history, contact address, offers for sailing on board with recommendations for voyages and service
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
Ein interaktives Informationssystem auf CD-ROM 1998
(2. überarbeitete Auflage)
Source with technical data Quelle with contact
"Kulturarv under Segel, Levande segelfartygstradition i Sverige"
Sveriges Segelfartygsförening 2007 ISBN: 91-973000-6-3
Page: 64 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data Quelle with contact