Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Aldebaran"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Ex-names:||Baronie, Spes Salutes|
|Type of rigging:||KETSCH|
|Type of ship:||Klipper|
|Yard:||Ruitenberg, Waspik, NL|
|Overall length:||36.30 m|
|Sail area:||400 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Stahl / Steel|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 14 May 2022
- built in 1902 at the Ruitenberg shipyard in Zwartsluis/NL for the Bruynincks family of skippers, first name "Baronie", used in freight transport (vegetables, grain, hay, coal) exclusively under sail on the inland waters of Holland, Belgium and Germany and on today's IJsselmeer.
- 1913 change of owner, Johannes Romijn from Almkerk/NL, renaming to "Spes Salutes".
- 1953 equipped with a ship's engine, freight trips until 1988.
- acquired by Willem van Gelderen and Moniek van der Werff, restored to its original condition and equipment for charter trips with people.
- 2010 renovation of the interior.
- change of ownership in 2015, sails as a charter ship for Zonnewind Zeilreizen now.
Last tracked position of the ship:
Map provided by FleetMon.com
Contact:Website (nederlands/English/deutsch, 14 May 2022):
Klipper Aldebaran: website of the operator with history and photos, offers for sailing on board, contact