Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Zwarte Valk"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Videos with the sailing ship:
Switch to full screen mode using the video control panel.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||KETSCH|
|Type of ship:||Klipper|
|Yard:||Kalkman, Capelle aan de Ijssel, NL|
|Sail area:||220 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Stahl / Steel|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 07 Apr 2022
- built in 1889 at the Kalkman shipyard in Capelle aan de IJssel/NL, first name was "Vier Gebroeders", used as cargo ship under sail until 1956.
- 1956 conversion to motor cargo ship without rigging.
- from the 1960s use as an ammunition store at a fixed location.
- after rediscovery by ship friends Evert and Gonnie Verkerk, the rigging was rebuilt, renamed to "Zwarte Valk".
- 1979 sold to Jan Schoen, renovation of the interior, improved equipment for charter trips with sailing guests.
- in the 1980s another change of ownership, used as a charter ship for sailing guests.
- from 1999 Arno de Jong took over and commanded the ship, construction of a steel deck, renovation of the interior design.
- 2006 taken over by Arjoderik and Jantine van Berkel, registration in Harlingen/NL, extensive overhaul work on the ship's hull and rigging until 2008, followed by renovation of the interior.
- from September 2009 guest trips from Harlingen, participation in regional regattas.
Contact:Website (nederlands/deutsch/English, 07 Apr 2022):
Zwarte Valk: information about the ship and crew, about sailing offers, photos, contact