Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Gefion"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||KETSCH|
|Type of ship:||Isefjordsbåd|
|Yard:||Andersen, Frederikssund, DK|
|Length (hull):||11.65 m|
|Sail area:||70 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
|Engine:||Volvo Penta TMD 70|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 28 Mar 2022
- built in 1910 at the Andersen brothers' shipyard in Frederikssund/DK; commissioning as a fishing vessel H1317 "Gefion" in Hundested/DK and used by a family of fishermen over 2 generations for fishing in the Kattegat, the Isefjord and the open Baltic Sea.
- used as a mail boat for the Danish island Hesselø for a time.
- in the 1st WW delivery of fish and vegetables from the northern region of Zealand to Copenhagen.
- change of ownership 1960-1972 and 1980 with home port of Hundested, from here frequent fishing in the North Sea.
- 1982 registration in Lemvig/DK as L401 "Gefion".
- end of 2013 decommissioning as a fishing vessel, conversions to a sailing ship and for leisure use.
- member of Lemvig Træskibslaug and of Træskibs Sammenslutningen.
Last tracked position of the ship:
Map provided by FleetMon.com