Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Pascual Flores"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||3-MAST-SCHONER|
|Type of ship:||Pailebote (Handelsschiff)|
|Overall length:||34.14 m|
|Sail area:||400 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 13 Mar 2022
- built in 1917 in Torrevieja/SPA by local shipbuilders.
- used for the coastal trade of fruit, salt and other goods, especially in the Mediterranean and on the African north and west coasts.
- purchased in very poor condition in 1999 by the City of Torrevieja in Milford Haven/GBR to restore the ship and use her as an ambassador for the city and to commemorate the maritime history surrounding this type of ships.
- 2005-2008 first restoration work, which could not be continued until the Nao Victoria Foundation 2020 took over the coordination and the works were completed at the shipyard of Punta Umbría, Huelva/SPA.
- since then visits to various port cities and participation in sailing festivals, including the Maritime Days in Bremerhaven 2021.
Last tracked position of the ship:
Map provided by FleetMon.com
Contact:Website (español/English, 13 Mar 2022):
Pascual Flores: information about the history of pailebotes, the rebuilding of the ship and some data, photos, info for trainees, contact