Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Jenny Kruse"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||KETSCH|
|Type of ship:||Haikutter (Gaffelketsch)|
|Overall length:||18.00 m|
|Sail area:||163 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
|Engine:||Volvo Penta 63|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 10 Dec 2022
- built 1944-46 in Skagen/DK as a ketch rigged fishing vessel.
- rebuilt as a leisure boat on the island of Donsö/SWE in the 1980s.
- 2007-2011 used out of Hanko/FIN.
- since 2011 she is registerred in Pärnu/EST and sails on the Baltic Sea, used by a not-profit Christian association as platform to spread Christian believe.
- sunk at the quay in 2022, later raised, but the cost of repairing force the owners to sell the ship.
Contact:Website (eesti keel, 12 Mar 2022):
Jenny Kruse: basic information about the ship with some photos, charter info for sailing and fund raising, contact