Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Olga"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Ex-names:||Ebba HG71, Laurine E552, Irma S E552, Flemming E552, Pedda af Esbjerg, Olga af Odense|
|Type of rigging:||KETSCH|
|Type of ship:||Haikutter (Gaffelketsch)|
|Yard:||M.R. Mortensen, Frederikshavn, DK|
|Sail area:||150 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 18 Feb 2022
- built in 1912 at the Mortensen shipyard in Frederikshavn/DK as a fishing vessel (Hajkutter) with a small engine (10 hp), used in fishery, operated since about 1930 from Hirtshals/DK.
- later extension of the hull to 16m and used in trawling.
- 1943 sold to Esbjerg/DK under the name HG71 "Ebba", registration as E552 "Laurine", immediately thereafter sold and registered as E552 "Irma S"
- 1949 sold and renamed E552 "Flemming", after overhauls used in fishery until 1969.
- a gas explosion in the engine room led to severe damage and temporary shutdown
- repairs and conversion for recreational use under the name "Pedda af Esbjerg", 1972 taken over by new owners, renaming to "Olga af Odense".
- restoration as a Haijkutter in Odense/DK with engine (40hp, 4 cyl. Lister), from 1975 for sailing in leisure time, later formation of a larger community of owners.
- 1983 general overhaul of the hull, 1984-86 voyage to the Mediterranean, the Canary Islands and the Azores.
- then based in Århus/DK.
- 1999 change of engine (80 hp, Volvo).