Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Mary Amelia MN59"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Name:||Mary Amelia MN59|
|Type of rigging:||KUTTER|
|Type of ship:||Thames Bawley Smack|
|Yard:||Howard & Sons, Southend-on-Sea, GBR|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 26 Jan 2022
- built in 1914 at the shipyard of Howard & Sons, Southend-on-Sea, GBR for the Osbourne family for catching shells out of Leigh-on-Sea, GBR.
- fitted with an engine in the 1920s, operated out of Burnham on Crouch, GBR until the 1930s.
- sank whilst anchored at Pin Mill, but purchased by Colin Fox in 1981 and restored.
- bought by a film producer and kept at St. Katharines Dock in London, GBR in the early 1990s.
- purchased by Jonathan Simper in 2001, major rebuilt in 2008/09 with replacing 70% of the structure of the vessel.
- provides day and weekend trips as well as evening cruises on the river Deben by Simpers of Ramsholt Traditional Boat Charters.
Contact:Website (English, 26 Jan 2022):
Mary Amelia MN59: charter website with a short description, photo and contact