Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Ellen CK222"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||KUTTER|
|Type of ship:||Essex Smack|
|Yard:||Harris Brothers, Rowhedge, GBR|
|Overall length:||12.77 m|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 20 Jan 2022
- built in 1900 at the shipyard Harris Brothers, Rowhedge/GBR for fisherman Martin as a fishing smack, rigged as a gaff cutter.
- used for pleasure during the summer and for fishing at the East coast of England in the winter.
- 1927 fitted with the first engine.
- after several changes of the owner she sank at her mooring near Felixstowe/GBR around 1973, raised and taken to Ipswich/GBR and later to Woodbridge/GBR.
- after attempts of restoration by several owners taken to Brightlingsea/GBR for a survey, transported to Oliver Walstons Farm in Thriplow/GBR and rebuilt in 1991.
- based in Brightlingsea she is privately used and takes part in sailing events for smacks and Thames Barges.