Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Seestern"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Videos with the sailing ship:
Switch to full screen mode using the video control panel.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||KETSCH|
|Yard:||Janssen & Schmilinski, Hamburg-Steinwerder, GER|
|Ship's hull:||Stahl / Steel|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 01 May 2016
- 1874 built at the shipyard Janssen & Schmilinski in Hamburg-Steinwerder, GER as steam engine tug for the habour service of Hamburg, first name was "Bravo".
- since 1898 tug services inthe habour of Lübeck, GER using the name "Hertha".
- 1935 converted to a fishing vessel under sails (gaff ketch), new homeport became Cuxhaven, GER; renamed the "Seestern".
- since 1972 motor-driven fishing vessel with auxiliary sailing rig.
- 1994 purchased by ship builder Rainer Schlimme.
- since 2006 taken over by the association Kieler Jugendkutterprojekt, moved to Kiel, GER; converted to a gaff-rigged ketch and recovery of the shapes and appearance from 1935, usage for non-profit purposes, traditional maritime activities and working with youth on a sailing ship.
Contact:Website (deutsch, 07 Mar 2021):
Seestern: website of the operating association with contact