Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Skonnerten Jylland"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Ex-names:||Finn, Elida, Elida Tonsberg, Anne El II|
|Type of rigging:||3-MAST-STAGSEGELSCHONER|
|Yard:||Karlstad Varv, SWE|
|Overall length:||31.11 m|
|Ship's hull:||Stahl / Steel|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 26 Feb 2015
- built 1951 at a shipyard in Karlstad Varv, SWE for the transport of grain, measurements of the hull that she can pass the Göta Canal; first name was "Finn".
- transported freight for different owners, among others in Norway.
- since 1981 owned by the religious foundation ELIDA under the name "Elida" in Schweden, begin of a general overhaul and reconstruction, rigged as a 3-masted schooner, conversion of the storage space in bunks and rooms for sailing guests and the crew.
- before finalisation of the reconstruction she was transferred to Norway again, renamed the "Elida Tonsberg".
- 2003 moved to Denmark, damaged in a habour, purchased by a private foundation, renamed the "Anne El II"; continuation of the reconstruction work until the owners run out of money.
- 2007 sold to the Danish shipowning company Rederi Jylland, renamed the "Skonnerten Jylland" and registered in Thisted, DK.
- in autumn 2010 transferred into a shareholding company, operator becomes the private foundation Andromeda, usage for sail training, participation in the events of The Tall Ships Races organised by the Sail Training International.