Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Skonnerten Jylland"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Ex-names:||Finn, Elida, Elida Tonsberg, Anne El II|
|Type of rigging:||3-MAST-STAGSEGELSCHONER|
|Yard:||Karlstad Varv, SWE|
|Overall length:||31.11 m|
|Ship's hull:||Stahl / Steel|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 26 Feb 2015
- built 1951 at a shipyard in Karlstad Varv, SWE for the transport of grain, measurements of the hull that she can pass the Göta Canal; first name was "Finn".
- transported freight for different owners, among others in Norway.
- since 1981 owned by the religious foundation ELIDA under the name "Elida" in Schweden, begin of a general overhaul and reconstruction, rigged as a 3-masted schooner, conversion of the storage space in bunks and rooms for sailing guests and the crew.
- before finalisation of the reconstruction she was transferred to Norway again, renamed the "Elida Tonsberg".
- 2003 moved to Denmark, damaged in a habour, purchased by a private foundation, renamed the "Anne El II"; continuation of the reconstruction work until the owners run out of money.
- 2007 sold to the Danish shipowning company Rederi Jylland, renamed the "Skonnerten Jylland" and registered in Thisted, DK.
- in autumn 2010 transferred into a shareholding company, operator becomes the private foundation Andromeda, usage for sail training, participation in the events of The Tall Ships Races organised by the Sail Training International.
Last tracked position of the ship:
Map provided by FleetMon.com
Contact:Website (dansk, 18 Feb 2015):
Skonnerten Jylland: website of the operator with basic information about the ship, schedules, some photos, contact