Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Sturmvogel"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||KETSCH|
|Type of ship:||Kreuzeryacht, Spitzgatter|
|Overall length:||13.00 m|
|Length (hull):||10.50 m|
|Sail area:||72 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 19 Dec 2021
- built 1934 as a fishing ship, used in the fishery but later for leisure trips under engine power.
- converted for private use under sails in the 1980s.
- 1993 sold to owber from Kiel / Mönkeberg, GER.
- since 2013 member of the museum habour of Kiel.
- participation in sailing events at the German Baltic Sea coast, i.e. Rumregatta Flensburg.
- 2021 sunk during the Kiel Week in September, probably because of vandalism, later raised again and brought to a shipyard for repairs.