Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Vilma"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Ex-names:||Mias RI100, Inge, Inge Wejse, Anna Katherine, Wilma SD112, Cee Kay LL36|
|Registered port:||Beaumaris, Bangor|
|Type of rigging:||TOPPSEGELSCHONER|
|Yard:||Bronsodde Shipyard, Vejle, DK|
|Overall length:||19.81 m|
|Length (hull):||14.32 m|
|Sail area:||105 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 02 Dec 2014
- built at the Bronsodde shipyard in Vejle, Denmark in 1934, first name was "Mias", registerred as RI 100 in Hvide Sande, DK; used in the fishery by Jens Viggo Iversen.
- 1946 sold to Niels Christian Andersen, renamed the "Inge", 1947 renamed the "Inge Wejse", 1962 renamed the "Anna Katherine"; renamed the "Vilma" in 1964.
- 1979 sold to William Rarity of Sunderland, GBR; renamed the "Wilma"; registerred as SD112.
- 1987 sold to John Watson of Maryport; renamed the "Cee Kay", registerred in Liverpool as LL36.
- 1996 bought by shipwright Scott H Metcalfe of Bangor, North Wales, GBR who works for his Waterfront Marine ship service company specialised in the repair and maintenance of wooden sailing ships; renamed the "Vilma" again and registerred as commercial yacht in 1998; complete overhaul of the ship including considerable hull work, construction of a new deck, and conversion into a topsail schooner with single square topsail.