Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Olander"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Videos with the sailing ship:
Switch to full screen mode using the video control panel.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||KETSCH|
|Type of ship:||Haikutter (Gaffelketsch)|
|Yard:||N. P. Jensens Skibsværft, Esbjerg, DK|
|Overall length:||23.50 m|
|Length (hull):||18.00 m|
|Sail area:||212 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 02 Dec 2014
- built in 1931 in Denmark at the shipyard N.P. Jensens Skibsværft in Esbjerg; usage in the Danish fishery.
- after decommissioning several owners in Germany.
- repairs and fitted in Szczecin, PL and rigged gaff ketch, 2005 after some bad circumstances she sunk in Debska Struga and was partly destroyed by vandalism and a fire.
- 2008-2011 general repairs and renewal of her technical equipment for safety and navigation.
- usage in the charter business and as a boat for sparetime sailing, participation in the Hanse Sail Rostock and sucessful participation in the Hajkutter regattas between Nysted and Rostock.