Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Alberta CK318"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||KUTTER|
|Type of ship:||Oyster Smack|
|Yard:||Aldous & Sons, Brightlingsea, GBR|
|Overall length:||13.41 m|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
|Engine:||Beta 25 (inboard) Diesel|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 02 Dec 2014
- built by Aldous & Sons of Brightlingsea, GBR as a cutter rigged oyster smack in 1885, registered as CK 318.
- used in the fishery, for the latter part under engine.
- fully restored and rebuilt by the shipwright Dan Tester, Hollowshore, Kent, GBR between 2002-2004.
- 2011 fitted with a 3 cyl. Beta 25 engine.
- today privately used as a yacht, successful participation in smack races at English East coast.