Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Mira"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||SCHONER|
|Yard:||Rasmus Møller, Fåborg, DK|
|Overall length:||27.50 m|
|Length (hull):||18.50 m|
|Sail area:||270 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 02 Dec 2014
- built in 1898 by Rasmus Møller, Faaborg, DK as freigter for skipper Nils Hansen.
- 1935 fitted with an engine, skipper John Holm; reduction of her rigging in the following years.
- 1971 purchased by Claus Jacobsen, rigged again and used for sparetime sailing and in the charter business.
- 1993 heavyly damaged in a collision and because of the age of the ship in bad condition.
- begin of a general restoration supported by different sponsors until 1999.
- since 2004 she is privately operated in the charter business operating out of Copenhagen.