Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Martroger III"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Registered port:||Noirmoutier en l'île|
|Type of rigging:||KETSCH|
|Type of ship:||Baliseur (Tonnenleger unter Segeln)|
|Yard:||l'Espoir Sablais, Les Sables d'Olonne, FRA|
|Overall length:||22.00 m|
|Length (hull):||17.60 m|
|Sail area:||130 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 17 Jul 2014
- built and commissioned in 1933 in Les Sables d'Olonne as sailing ship with 2 masts and auxiliary engine for the transport and maintainance of sea marks in the region, replaced another ship called "Martroger II".
- 1961 removal of the second mast.
- 1966 installation of a shelter for the helmsman.
- 1968 installation of a hydraulic winch for haul inboard and put the buoys.
- 1977 change of the tiller to e steering wheel.
- 1978 replacement of the mast, 1981 another replacement by a metal mast, enlargement of the wheel house.
- 1991 decommissioned from the service as working ship.
- since September 6, 1993 registerred as a historic maritime memorial.
- operated by the association Les Amis du Martroger since 2002, operates out of Noirmoutier, FRA as active sailing veteran ship and is presented at maritime festivities and used for guest sailing.
- last overhaul in 2009-2011 at the shipyard Chantier des Iléaux, Noirmoutier, FRA.
Contact:Website (français, 11 May 2021):
Martroger: website by the operator and supporting association Les Amis du Martroger with technical specification, photos, history, contact