Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Donna Capel"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||KETSCH|
|Overall length:||20.00 m|
|Length (hull):||16.00 m|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 17 Jul 2014
- built in 1943 in Ostend, BEL; first name "Françoise Helene".
- in the 1960s bought by fisherman Howard Capel from Brixham, GBR; renamed the "Donna Capel".
- in the early 1970s sold again to Mr. Dean from Newlyn, GBR; abandonned in Mylor Bridge Falmouth, rediscovered by Terry Heard.
- purchased by Terry Heard, begin of a restoration continued by the son Martin Heard after the death of the owner.
- presentation in Brest and Douarnenez 1992, used for private sailing trips.
- 2000 purchased by John Davison, laid up at the Tregatreath Boatyard in Mylor Bridge for 6 years, begin of another restoration until August 2009.
- usage for sailing trips at the coast of Cornwalls and Brittany.
- participation in the French sailing event Les Tonneres de Brest 2012.
Contact:Website (English, 13 May 2021):
Donna Capel: basic information about her history and characteristics, photos, news