Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Ausquémé"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Videos with the sailing ship:
Switch to full screen mode using the video control panel.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||KUTTER|
|Type of ship:||Gaffelkutter|
|Yard:||Chantier Ezan, Bono, FRA|
|Overall length:||12.00 m|
|Length (hull):||9.00 m|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 17 Jul 2014
- built at the Ezan shipyard in Bono, FRA; launched on September 21, 1942.
- used in the fishery and oyster farming in the Gulf of Morbihan and off Auray, FRA.
- in the beginning of the 1950s used as a sales platform and floating shop for sea food in the area of Paris.
- 1954-1970 used by sea scouts for sail training, later sold.
- 1976 crossing of the Atlantic, visit at the West Indies in the Caribbean and the Azores on her return.
- since 1983 after change of the owner used for social work with youth, sailing voyages to Spain and Portugal.
- 1991 bought by Jean-Jacques Joyeux, usage for day trips based in Ploumanach, FRA; voyage to Santiago de Compostela, SPA and Porto, POR; followed by trips based in Port Blanc, FRA until September 2003.
- 2004 purchased by Nicolas Schouten, used for daytrips and shorter voyages since, participation in sailing events of the home region.
Contact:Website (français, 27 May 2014):
Ausquémé: photos, some history and basic technical specification, contact, offers for sailing