Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Balder"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||TJALK|
|Yard:||De Goed, Zwartsluis, NL|
|Sail area:||200 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Stahl / Steel|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 11 Mar 2014
- built in 1899 at the shipyard De Goede in Zwartsluis, NL as cargo ship for the Dutch coastal and inland waters, first name was "Goede Verwachting".
- 1951 installation of a gear on the deck (Humbold Deutz Diesel, 20 hp).
- transport of grain, feedingstuff, chemical fertiliser, cement and timber.
- 1978 converted to a passenger ship, used on the Dutch coast till the Baltic Sea and Denmark.
- 1990 renamed the "Balder" (godhead of the Vikings).
- since 1997 owned by Paul Bakker, used in the charter business.
- participation in events for Dutch flat-bottom ships at the Dutch coast.
Contact:Website (deutsch/nederlands, 20 Mar 2021):
Tjalk Balder: history and photos of the ship, offers for sailing, contact